January 5, 2009

The Terrible Things

Are the Isrealis really to be blamed?
Or the Hamas?
Isreali women and children, wounded and/or killed.
Palestinian women and children, killed and/or wounded.
What are we doing? Eating our chips, eating our nuts, sleeping, laughing with family members, safe in the arms of the ones we love, not in constant fear of husbands, wives, children, brothers, sisters, cousins, mothers, fathers, being killed off one by one.
True, we can't do much. We can pray. Pray that our Muslim brothers and sisters remember Allah. For He is the ONLY ONE who has the power to change things around. It is this time, it is this hour that our brothers and sisters NEED to seek Allah's help.

Frightening images on CNN have caused me to stop watching TV. There goes my new years resolution.
Blackness, then suddenly, fire erupts. Total blackness again, then explosions can be heard.
Smoke...
Gunshots...
Screams...
Blackness.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you. There's so much turmoil in it that I can't help but think of myself as fortunate despite the fact that I'm not exactly enjoying life jobless and aimless. It would be good if someone just posted me over there. I think I'll be happier, at least I can do something instead of slacking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the palestinians have said that there is nothing you can do if you DO post yourself over there. THe best thing they would want you to do, is to learn about their history and know more about the situation there. Understand how it happened and things will become clearer.

    ReplyDelete